Do not take Neurontin if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to gabapentin or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
Warnings and precautions -
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist before you start taking Neurontin.
- If you have kidney problems, your doctor may prescribe a different dosage regimen
- If you are on hemodialysis (to remove waste products due to kidney failure), tell your doctor if you start to feel pain in your muscles and/or weakness
- If you develop symptoms such as persistent stomach pain, vomiting, and nausea, notify your doctor immediately as they may be symptoms of acute pancreatitis (inflamed pancreas).
- If you have a nervous system disorder or a respiratory disorder or if you are over 65, your doctor may prescribe a different dose.